Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using the web UI for packet capture from a client?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Using the web UI for packet capture from a client?

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:26 PM

I have an issue with a client who is trying to reach an internal resource on a specific device.  It is in a remote branch office and I am unable to stop by to look over the problem in person.  Earlier this morning I read that Aruba controllers have the ability to perform a packet capture from the web UI.

I found the client ip address in the Monitoring -> Clients section of the web UI, and clicked Packet Capture.

aruba-packet-capture.PNG

On the next screen I see several options to either Refresh, Stop, Delete, Pause, Resume, New, New Raw Packet Capture, or Launch WildPakets.  At this step I do not know how to proceed.  I have clicked the New button and nothing happens.  My guess is that a new capture should start and be listed in the table where I see "None Found".

aruba-packet-capture2.PNG

How do I start a packet capture?

Thank you for any advice!

• 2.  RE: Using the web UI for packet capture from a client?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:46 PM

It is more straightforward on the commandline.  Please see the article here;  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Matters-Blog/ArubaOS-6-3-New-Packet-Capture-Functionality-in-ArubaOS-6-3/ba-p/113967

The GUI for the packet capture function has certainly not kept up with the function itself....