Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA and Proxy-Server

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VIA and Proxy-Server

Posted Mar 15, 2012 12:52 PM

Hi,

i'm using the VIA-Software. In our network we are using our gateway as proxy-server.

But when i'm connecting with VIA i'm getting my own IP-Address as gateway. Is there a solution to get the proxy-server working too?

Thank You 

• 2.  RE: VIA and Proxy-Server

Posted Mar 15, 2012 06:37 PM

The proxy information is read automatically from the Internet Explorer settings . The proxy settings tab on the VIA clinet allows the user to save a username and password for the proxy authentication. Currently, the proxy settings cannot be read from other browsers such as Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. Proxy settings can' t be entered manually to the proxy settings tab.

Regards,

Sathya

• 3.  RE: VIA and Proxy-Server

Posted Mar 20, 2012 10:58 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

after some tests i have found out the following:

When we connect through a UMTS-Device the proxy isn't working. We can reach the intranet but the traffic from the browser doesn't reach the proxy-server.

When we connect via LAN or Wi-fi the proxy works and we can reach web-sites.

I have attached a screenshot where you can see that the setup doesn't install an element at the settings of the UMTS-Device (Aruba Via Driver). Can this missing element cause our troubles?