Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VLAN pool with Master - Local

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VLAN pool with Master - Local

Posted Sep 18, 2014 05:34 AM

Dear all experts, I'm implementing Aruba controller to my customer. We use 2 7210s for Controller in Master-Local mode. They are working together with VRRP 2 instances.By Master is primary for vrrp#1 is reponsed to 50 APs and another 50 APs terminated on  Local that is primary for vrrp#2.

My question is when notebook or endpoints connect to AP (Terminate on Master) and roam to another AP (Terminate on Local). Master assign VLAN from Vlan pool by using hash method for fixing ip address purpose to notebook. I want to ask that when notebook roam to AP (terminate to Local) , Local controller will assign the same VLAN from VLAN pool on the Local to notebook or not?

• 2.  RE: VLAN pool with Master - Local
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2014 06:27 AM
    Will assign that VLAN also exists in your local controller

It's not recommended that you have that same VLAN assigning the same dhcp scope in the master and local this could potentially create some issues with IP assignments

What could do is to enable L3 roaming across your two controllers

• 3.  RE: VLAN pool with Master - Local

Posted Sep 18, 2014 06:33 AM

Thanks for your help. How Local know what ip add to be assigned from Master. Does it sync from Master to Local ? Or any method elses.

Thankss a lot

• 4.  RE: VLAN pool with Master - Local

Posted Sep 18, 2014 06:34 AM
    Please see my updated answer

• 5.  RE: VLAN pool with Master - Local