Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VRRP and HA Issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VRRP and HA Issues

Posted Aug 31, 2015 05:51 AM

I have 2 Alcatel 4450 controllers in Master/Standby Master mode configured, with a single VRRP and HA configured. The settings works fine and the 2 controllers communicate well in the sense that, if the master goes down, the standby switches quickly to Master and back to Standby when the master is reachable again. In the logs, it says theat the configurations has been synched without any errors, even though i know not all configurations will be synched, but in my case, non is synched. Not even the WLAN SSIDs, absolutely nothing. Can someone be of help.

• 2.  RE: VRRP and HA Issues

Posted Aug 31, 2015 06:37 AM

HI,

Config an database will Synced in two occasions, when you put write memory command and according to the Database synchronisation period.

as a work around, issue write memory command and immediately use "show switches" command to confirm whether the SYN is happening or not.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: VRRP and HA Issues

Posted Aug 31, 2015 11:09 PM

Make sure you have the same version of code on the two controllers.

If you make changes on the master controller using the the Web Page, you have to hit the save configuration button at the top of the page to force a configuration sync between the master and standby. Check the status of the the Sync Under the Monitor Tab.