Wireless Access

Super Contributor I

Version of ArubaOS to use for AirGroup/AirPrint

Been reading a document on AirGroup/AirPrint which says you need  version 6.1.5 or up for the mDNS functionality. Looking at the support site 

".... Aruba WLANs with ArubaOSTM 6.1.5 or later have native mDNS proxy capabilities so that no external gateway or custom router configuration is required. ..."

anyone any idea when 6.2 will be GA?

Rgds

Alex

Re: Version of ArubaOS to use for AirGroup/AirPrint

Moving this thread to 'ArubaOS and Mobility Controllers', may have a better chance of getting an answer from followers in this topic instead of the 'AirWave' topic.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Guru Elite

alexsuoy wrote:

Been reading a document on AirGroup/AirPrint which says you need  version 6.1.5 or up for the mDNS functionality. Looking at the support site 

".... Aruba WLANs with ArubaOSTM 6.1.5 or later have native mDNS proxy capabilities so that no external gateway or custom router configuration is required. ..."

anyone any idea when 6.2 will be GA?

Rgds

Alex

6.2 is currently available but it does not have AirGroup functionality. AirGroup will be available in 6.3 later this year. Use the technology release, 6.1.3.6-AirGroup.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

Some folks at the airheads conference said 6.2 has airgroup functionality. Is that for sure not the case?  I was going to upgrade to it just for that feature :)

Guru Elite

The original plan was for AirGroup in 6.2. It got bumped to 6.3. However, 6.1.3.5-Airgroup is the current release (technology release).

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba Employee

The current release is 6.1.3.6-Airgroup

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: