Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF client history

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VisualRF client history

Posted Apr 16, 2013 04:37 PM

I'm looking for a logfile of some type in VisualRF that lists client history.  Essentially it's what is used to plot client history in VRF, but I'd like to analyze it with a 3rd party tool.  Something with mac address, event times, and coordinates (x.y) of client locations would be ideal.  Is this available?  How often is it modified, refreshed, recycled?

Thanks!  -Matt

• 2.  RE: VisualRF client history

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2013 12:31 AM

I don't have the answer at the moment.  Will look into this and get back to you.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF client history

Posted Apr 24, 2013 10:54 AM

I found in the API where I can call client_search.xml to get the complete list of clients, and then I can loop through each mac with the location.xml. This is doable, but not preferred.  Is anyone aware of a single API call to get locations of all active clients? 

• 4.  RE: VisualRF client history

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2013 12:41 PM

Of the customers who leverage the VisualRF APIs for client location, they typically match against the site.xml file.  This is gotten typically by viewing a floor plan, and then clicking ctrl+x+m+l (it will open XML file in a new window, make sure the floor plan frame is the active portion by left clicking on the floor plan before trying to launch the XML).  This site.xml file is tied to a specific site_id which represents each floor.  If this doesn't get you what you're looking for, then a feature request should be made via the ideas portal.