Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

We are trying to separate mounting bracket from the Aruba AP105s. Do they have a special tool %3F

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  We are trying to separate mounting bracket from the Aruba AP105s. Do they have a special tool %3F

Posted Mar 05, 2014 12:35 PM

Hi,

I have 60 aruba wireless access points #105 and many times I have to take them down and  separate the mounting bracket from the AP.  There is a square hole on the side that you stick in a small screw driver or a hex screw.  Then press down to depress the plastic toggle to release it from the mounted bracket.

We are having a very difficult time separating them.  Is there a tool we can purchase to do this more easily?  It has taken us 2 hours to separate 4 APs.

Please let me know and thank you.

You can also send me the answer to my email address, ychan@gcschool.org

• 2.  RE: We are trying to separate mounting bracket from the Aruba AP105s. Do they have a special tool %3F

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2014 12:38 PM

I've had luck using a bit extension attachment for a screwdriver like the one included in this set.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899261024

• 3.  RE: We are trying to separate mounting bracket from the Aruba AP105s. Do they have a special tool %3F
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2014 01:57 PM

I use my car key which seems to work quite well.

carkey.jpg

:smileyhappy:

• 4.  RE: We are trying to separate mounting bracket from the Aruba AP105s. Do they have a special tool %3F

Posted Mar 17, 2014 12:08 AM

I've had great luck using a heavy duty zip-tie. Just fold it in half. If it doesn't work at first, turn 90 degrees. For the low profile mounts, it's much easier on the knuckles than tool.

• 5.  RE: We are trying to separate mounting bracket from the Aruba AP105s. Do they have a special tool %3F

Posted Mar 17, 2014 02:28 AM

I had tried using metal chopstick - those japanese thin to thick kind. :smileyvery-happy: