Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

Posted May 08, 2014 08:18 AM

I have build up my own Login page and its working fine. In the Welcome page i post he URL of Marriot Islamabad as mentioned:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/islamabad.hotels.pakistan.travel/ 

User come and connects to the guest SSID, through captive portal it passed to the Login page after this i want above mentioned welcome page should be display. For this may i have to enable the option "Show Welcome Page"  on L3 Captive portal profile ?

Welcome page URL is pasted to the L3 profile -> welcome page tab.

Looking forward for a positive response.

• 2.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2014 08:40 AM

Hi Ruheal,

you have to insert your URL (http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/islamabad.hotels.pakistan.travel/ ) in the Redirect URL tab of your L3 Captive Portal Profile.

You don't have to modify the Welcome page tab and you don't have to enable the flag Show Welcome Page.

Massimo

[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos]

• 3.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

Posted May 08, 2014 08:46 AM

On Each and every device after login page, a landing page URL is displayed except APPLE IOS 7. after the login page landing page is not displaying, thats why i check in the "show welcome page".

Ok i have unchecked. but why we can not check enable the show welcome page ?

111.jpg

• 4.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2014 08:49 AM
    Have you try enabling the Apple CNA bypass

• 5.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2014 09:01 AM
      |   view attached

For my experience is not important if "show welcome page" is enabled.

If you insert your URL in the "Redirerct URL" tab, after the login devices are redirected to the specified URL.

As suggested by Victor Fabian for APPLE devces you probably have to enable also the Bypass Apple Captive Network Assistant option.

[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos]

• 6.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

Posted May 08, 2014 10:53 AM

Dear m.gallina,

I have disable the option "show welcome page".  Bypass Apple Captive Network Assistant option is enable on L3 profile.

According to my above snapshot, should i delete the URL from the "Welcome page" field  ?

And then paste the URL to the  "Redirect URL" field ?              or 

URL is copied to the both fields i.e welcome page and redirect url .

looking forward for a positive response.

• 7.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2014 11:00 AM

Rutheal,

You are using a custom page which could be breaking the redirect.  Please try to use the built-in page to see if that could be your issue:

welcome.png

• 8.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

Posted May 08, 2014 11:18 AM

Its a customer demand that they will use their own custom build login page.

One more thing!!!!          

Except Apple IOS 7 series, all other devices inculding apple ios 6, andriod , windows, linux, mac are easily landing on the welcome page after login on the captive portal custom page. Please check my first post for the welcome page link.

Only IOS 7 devices are not able to land on the welcome page. Bypass CNA is also enabled. show welcome page is disabled.

• 9.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2014 11:25 AM

Ruheal,

The customers custom login page *could* be breaking the redirect.  I would have TAC take a look at it.  The welcome page is most likely not an issue.  TAC would be able to look at all of your variables and come up with a specific solution.

• 10.  RE: Welcome page issue on Captive portal?

Posted May 08, 2014 10:45 AM

Yes i have also enabled the CNA bypass on L3 profile.