Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap..."

I am trying to change the forward more but I keep getting this error. What am I missing?

error.PNG

Thank you.

Guru Elite

Re: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap...&quo

It's a race condition. Change the forwarding mode, apply, then change the VLAN.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Re: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap...&amp

Yes, that is what I am doing. I cannot change the forwarding mode. Is using a vlan pool instead of a vlan number has something to do with this?

Aruba Employee

Re: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap...&quo

Hi, 

Named VLANs (single VLAN IDs or VLAN pools) can only be assigned to tunnel mode VAP’s and wired profiles. 

See below link for reference, 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Network_Parameters/Configuring_VLANs.htm 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP
Guru Elite

Re: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap...

Yes. Bridge mode has to be a VLAN ID.

Set to bridge mode with VLAN-ID, apply.
Set to tunnel, apply.
Set VLAN name, apply.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Re: What is the meaning of this Error message "Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap...

That makes sense. Thank you

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: