Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What kind of Aruba AP´s is used for wifi leaky feeder cable for warehouses and cold storage

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  What kind of Aruba AP´s is used for wifi leaky feeder cable for warehouses and cold storage

Posted Nov 23, 2016 08:48 AM

what kind of Aruba AP´s is used for wifi leaky feeder cable for warehouses and cold storage

We will use the wifi standard B/G to extend the range of the AP. There should be a problem with the standard N on leaky feeder cable solutions, as the wifi standard N transmit on all radios, or does Aruba have AP´s with simultaneous antennas which can operate independently of each other

Is there anyone who can provide me with information or help me with answers

• 2.  RE: What kind of Aruba AP´s is used for wifi leaky feeder cable for warehouses and cold storage

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 09:12 AM

I don't fully understand your question. Are you looking for an AP with separate 2.4 and 5Ghz connectors? If so, we have the AP-228 (RP-SMA) or the AP-274 (N connectors). In either case, you would have to use only the primary chain connector of each AP, configure the AP to run in single-chain mode, and the accomodate the following caveats in the config:

* disable ARM and set static channel plan

* you lose all MIMO capabilities and rates and your AP effectively runs on legacy rates

* no heatmapping or RTLS in airwave

• 3.  RE: What kind of Aruba AP´s is used for wifi leaky feeder cable for warehouses and cold storage

Posted Nov 23, 2016 09:25 AM

Hi Jerrod

Thanks for quick answer. We will primarily use standard B/G on 2,4 GhZ frequency

I suppose it will not work if we use wifi N standard?

We use N-Connectors for cable connection

We do not use the 5 GHz frequency. we do know that some of our competitors have added a 2,4/5 GHz combiner/splitter between AP and leaky feeder cable

• 4.  RE: What kind of Aruba AP´s is used for wifi leaky feeder cable for warehouses and cold storage
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 09:47 AM

N and 11ac are awesome because of MIMO, which requires multiple antennas and multipath. With leaky coax, you can only use a single element, and even IF you use multiple feeders, MIMO wouldn't work due to the nature of leaky coax. So you're stuck with non-MIMO, which is (in 2.4Ghz) 60-ish Mbps PHY rate (legacy is 54Mbps PHY rate). If you are ONLY using the 2.4Ghz, you can use any indoor AP model and just disable the 5Ghz radio and set the AP to single chain mode, but the 228 and 274 will work better as they have far more power ouput (assuming your feeder cables are rated for 28dBm). If you use indoor APs with RP-SMA connectors, you will have to use a jumper which will add some loss.