Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

WiFi Calling on IAP-105

Dear All,

we have a few IAP-105 installed and would like to use WiFi-Calling for our mobile phones. Current FW is 6.4.2.6-4.1.3.0_54915. I think FW must be at least 6.5. Is there anything else to be considered ?

Thank you  

Re: WiFi Calling on IAP-105

Hey, which implementation of Wifi Calling are you referring to? I can use the Apple Wifi Calling on my IAP105 running 6.4.4.8 without issues. You just need to allow UDP500 + UDP4500 on the assigned User Role.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

Thanks,

I would like to use WiFi Calling on Apple devices. I have now created a rule "Allow any to server FW for WiFi Traffic" but on my iPhone still "WiFi calling" does not appear.

At my home all fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey, that should be it. The only other items which might be a problem is either an upstream device such as a firewall is blocking it, Wifi Calling isn't enabled on the device or it is not enabled by the carrier.

You can confirm if you receive a reply for the UDP4500/UDP500 packet by running the following on the CLI of the IAP. If you see a Y flag, then the 3-way hand shake has not occurred correctly.

#show datapath session | include XXXX (XXXX = IP of device)

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA

Thanks,

WiFi Calling works fine at my home WiFi. It should be fine on the device and on carrier side.

IP of device means IP of the iPhone ? 

That's correct, the IP which is assigned to the device. Do you have any further information on your network? Is there a firewall sitting upstream from your IAP's?

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA

thanks,

this is the "show datapath session output":

# show datapath session | include 192.168.51.35
192.168.51.35     17.252.92.30    6    49354 443   0    0    0   6   dev3        6744 SC
192.168.51.35     62.157.140.73   6    49384 443   0    0    0   11  dev3        352  SC

The IP address of the iPhone is 192.168.51.35.

Traffic from the APs will be routed to a FW. On the FW IPSec is allowed for in- and outbound traffic.

Hey, there is no UDP4500/UDP500 traffic in that output so it's not attempting to establish the Wifi Calling?

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA

Thanks,

when my iPhone is connected to my WiFi at home I am getting an indication on the top of the screen "WiFi Calling".

I do not get this indication at the office. I assume that "WiFi" Calling is not active at the office.

If possible could you share the User Role which is assigned to the phone? We can then check the firewall rules. 

Do you even see a UDP4500/UDP500 connection on your upstream firewall?

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: