02-22-2015 04:51 AM
Can we co exist the Aruba wireless with Extream networks wifi. We need to co-exist with Altitude 4600 series acces points from Extream Networks. Already extream networks wifi is existing and we will be giving them the seperate wifi for their guest access.
Can this be possible , what are the guide lines?
02-22-2015 08:57 AM
Aruba wireless should be able to coexist but you need to make sure your design takes in consideration the following:
- Not use the same SSIDs names on both systems
- Make sure the APs are not too close to each other (50 feet or more) , if this is not possible you may need to adjust the power levels
- That either systems are not using rogue containment
- That either systems are using non-overlapping 802.11g channels
- Depending on how dense your AP deployement is you may need to consider just using 20 Mhz channels instead of 40 Mhz for 802.11an
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
02-23-2015 12:38 PM
other point, you will not have a centralised Reporting and managment Tools (you will manage every WLAN separtely)
don't forget to register your seconde network as a ligitime network in you aruba controller.
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX
[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]