Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Wireless Speed

Hi,

I am using RAP5wn and getting 54 mbps speen over n client. i have also checked the laptop's wireless adapter setting which is fine. can i do any changes into the controller to bost up the speed.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Wireless Speed

Are you using WPA-TKIP?  The 802.11n standard only allows 802.11n or HT speeds if you are doing Open or AES.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

I  am using WPA2 psk.

Guru Elite

Is it WPA2-TKIP or AES?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

It's AES ......

Guru Elite

Okay.  Under the SSID profile, there is an HT SSID profile.  Make sure HT is enabled.

Occasional Contributor I

that also i have checked and its enabled.................

Guru Elite

Type "show ap bss-table" on the commandline and make sure under the "phy" column, it says g-HT

Also type show ap association to see what rate it is associated at.

Is the client an 802.11n client?

Occasional Contributor I

i have checked and i m attaching the screen shoot of the screen..............

Guru Elite

It says the client is associated at g-HT-20-2SS, which is 802.11n.  Where does it say that it is only associated at 54 megs?  Is the client far away from the access point?

type "show ap debug client-table ap-name <name of ap>" to see the TX rate and RX speeds of your clients:

(host) # show ap debug client-table ap-name AP-135

Client Table
------------
MAC                ESSID             BSSID              Assoc_State  HT_State  AID  PS_State    UAPSD            Tx_Pkts  Rx_Pkts  PS_Qlen  Tx_Retries  Tx_Rate  Rx_Rate  Last_ACK_SNR  Last_Rx_SNR  TX_Chains  Tx_Timestamp              Rx_Timestamp
---                -----             -----              -----------  --------  ---  --------    -----            -------  -------  -------  ----------  -------  -------  ------------  -----------  ---------  ------------              ------------
18:46:17:eb:a7:be  ethersphere-wpa2  00:1a:1e:64:12:71  Associated             0x2  Power-save  (0,0,0,0,N/A,0)  154      1277     0        4           58       65       31            32           2[0x3]     Mon Feb  6 02:13:47 2012  Mon Feb  6 02:17:12 2012
10:93:e9:2a:d9:08  ethersphere-wpa2  00:1a:1e:64:12:71  Associated   M         0x1  Awake       (0,0,0,0,N/A,0)  7        6        0        0           39       6        0             36           2[0x3]     Mon Feb  6 01:59:22 2012  Mon Feb  6 01:59:24 2012

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: