Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Wireless denying access to a website ( stumbleupon )

Hello everyone,

Weird thing happening on my network.   If your on the wireless connection you are unable to access the registration page on stumbleupon.com.   

https://www.stumbleupon.com/signup

"The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

However once I plugin and get off the wireless network i'm able to access it without issue.

I don't have any firewall rules or anything setup on the controller.  It's just basically serving internet, wide open,  nothing fancy going on. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing it?

AP-105's and Aruba3400-US software version 6.1.2.5

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: Wireless denying access to a website ( stumbleupon )

Have you tried a different client type? What is the client type that is running into this issue?

Thanks,

Zach Jennings

Client type rarely shows up for me.    Right now my computer is listed as --,  it's an iMac running 10.6.8

All of the other computers affected are also macs,  10.6.8.  

Every once and awhile a device will show up as OSX under device type.  But mostly the only devices that are fingerprinted are mobile devices.

Aruba Employee

Which browser are you using on the iMac? Have you tried different browsers?

Thanks,

Zach Jennings

Firefox 10.0.2 and latest updated safari, and google chrome 13.0.782.215

Chromes reported error is:  Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

Guru Elite

bbelew wrote:

Hello everyone,

Weird thing happening on my network.   If your on the wireless connection you are unable to access the registration page on stumbleupon.com.   

However once I plugin and get off the wireless network i'm able to access it without issue.

I don't have any firewall rules or anything setup on the controller.  It's just basically serving internet, wide open,  nothing fancy going on. 

Thanks

Are you possibly connected to the wired and wireless at the same time on the same subnet, when this happens?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

On the controller, you can check the sessions for your client IP address and see for the destination if the traffic is being denied.

show datapath session table <Client IP address> from the command line of the controller.

cjoseph wrote:

bbelew wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Are you possibly connected to the wired and wireless at the same time on the same subnet, when this happens?

When I recreate the problem i'm completely disconnected from the wired network. 

The computers where this was first identified are not wired at all.

bpudugramam wrote:

On the controller, you can check the sessions for your client IP address and see for the destination if the traffic is being denied.

show datapath session table <Client IP address> from the command line of the controller.

I don't see any denys in the list nor do I see the IP of stumbleupon in the list.     Is this list delayed by chance?     I tried hitting the site a few times right before running it and tried running it again a few minutes later.

Aruba Employee

The list is in real time. You can try pinging public IP addresses (eg 4.2.2.2) and see if you see ICMP sessions for the user in the datapath session table. You can do a nslookup on the IP you are trying to access and try pinging it as well.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: