Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

a new aruba AP105 provision

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  a new aruba AP105 provision

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:07 AM

Hi ,, i'cant provision a new AP 105 in master controller ,, it should be as default but it dosn't seen in the master and shown at SSID (instant) ,, plz help me ,,, thanks

• 2.  RE: a new aruba AP105 provision

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:37 AM

Helloooo

• 3.  RE: a new aruba AP105 provision

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:49 AM

That's one way to not get help ;)

The forums are best effort support. If you need immediate support, you should contact Aruba TAC.

Anyway,

If this is an Instant AP, you'll need to convert it to a campus AP.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantMobile/Advanced/Content/Chapter25%20IAP%20Management/ConvertingIAPtoCAP.htm

• 4.  RE: a new aruba AP105 provision

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 09:09 AM

Yes - please open a case.  However, what you are running into is that the 105 you have is an Instant version which can be converted.  You do this by associating to the Instant SSID, then open a browser.  Login in as admin/admin and go to Maintenance --> convert and then enter the controller IP address you wish to communicate to.  The 105 will reboot and you should be able to provision it at that time on the controller. 

FYI - in order to revert back to instant mode, you can use a paper clip and hold in the reset button on the bottom of the AP while applying power.  The LED will flash quickly and that will indicate that it's reset to factory defaults.

• 5.  RE: a new aruba AP105 provision

Posted Nov 05, 2014 10:58 AM

thanks Friends ,, but it dosn't work ! mi network design containt master controller and backup ald local controller ,,, all configuration done at the master even provision new APs to local controller ,, so when i'm trying to convert it dosn't upload to master controller .. i think this is the issue !