Wireless Access

4me
Contributor I

ap-lacpap failover time

Hi,

We have deployed AP225 and using two ether interfaces for ap lacp, here we are using brocade  POE+ switch to connect the AP's.

as per my understanding we configure power leve for only one ethernet (0 or 1) for other interface power will be default, If one ethernet interface fails or disconnected, how the fail over will happen to secondary interface and how long will the secondary interface  take to operates.

Guru Elite

Re: ap-lacpap failover time

Please see the discussion from the community here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/AP225-uplink-question/m-p/137223/highlight/true#M29288

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

4me
Contributor I

Hi Colin,

Is AP-Lacp is not meant for redundancy? When the one interface is down, the traiffc should failover to other interface. Is this possible in AP225, as power level is configured on one interface.Please see the discussion from the community here, as mentioned two Ethernet interface can be used as active and standby mode

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-i-identify-which-uplink-port-of-AP-is-active-when-its/ta-p/203587

Guru Elite

Traffic will be load balanced if LACP is configured. If the link that is providing power dies, the AP will reboot and come up on the second link. 

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
4me
Contributor I

I am little confused here, please let me know whether any documnet available for ap lacp which explains in detailed.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Venuprasad,

The link is redundant, but the POE is not redundant.  When the AP comes up, it will select POE power from the first link that comes up.  If the opposite link goes down, the AP will stay up.  If the initial link goes down, it has to reboot and obtain power from the other link.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

4me
Contributor I

Thanks Colin.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: