Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba 7030 VRRP setup

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  aruba 7030 VRRP setup

Posted Sep 21, 2016 10:48 AM

On a 7030 controller I setup 5 vlan, one for managment to connect the other controller and ap. To setup a VRRP redudancy I have to setup all the vlan on the other controller or I must setup only the managment vlan and the configurations are replicate from master ?

Thanks for all.

• 2.  RE: aruba 7030 VRRP setup
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2016 11:04 AM

At a minimum, you need to setup the managmeent VLAN on the 2nd controller and give it an IP.   The redundancy piece (VRRP) needs to be setup manually on each controller; redundancy information when it comes to VRRP does not sync between master and locals (see below).

Depending on your VLAN setup; you may need to add the other 4 VLANs as well if you want clients to use them if you are using this controller for failover.

Have a look at the following for configuration information:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/VRRP/Redundancy_Parameters.htm

• 3.  RE: aruba 7030 VRRP setup

Posted Sep 21, 2016 03:13 PM

Yes I need all the vlans for the clients. So also to secondary controller I need I ip for any vlan interface. It's right?

The tracking on vlan or interface is critical or I can choose if I need?

Thanks