Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

aruba AOS 8.2 : redundancy

Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm me, wether we can have redundancy between Aruba physical controller and controller installed in the VM running AOS 8.2

Re: aruba AOS 8.2 : redundancy

Mixing VM and HW in a cluster is not supported. I would imagine that you could still use traditional HA-AP Fast Failover, but you're missing out on improved failover features without clustering. Clustering also requires Mobility Master.

Clustering gives you seemless roaming between controllers, hitless client failover, and client load balancing. You can also cluster (4) VMs or (4) 70xx HW Controllers or (12) 72xx HW Controllers, which gives a much greater redundancy than just (2) controllers with traditional HA.

Michael Haring
ACMP, ACCP, BCNE, CCENT, Palo Alto ACE 7.0
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Mharing, thanks for your help.

There one more scenario, where we need to have redundancy between 

Mobility master (AOS 8.2) installed in VM and physical controller like 70XX.

We need, redundancy between the entire mobility master itself not just the VMC's within the mobility master.

Is this possible..

Mobility Master cannot service APs, and 70xx controller cannot be a mobility master. Not sure what type of redundancy your looking for but sounds like it's not possible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8

Michael Haring
ACMP, ACCP, BCNE, CCENT, Palo Alto ACE 7.0

In AOS 8 a lot of the functionalities are handle by the Mobility Master so you should consider definitely deploy a Virtual backup MM (which can be deployed in either Layer 2 or Layer 3 mode), the licenses are shared between the two MMs...see here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv6soBQrhhk

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: