Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

clear gap-db, rap access point housekeeping

I found old post about clearing old AP from controller but for some reason I can't add  RAP AP that was duplicate before. I was trying  individual AP, all "clear gap-db lms lms-ip x.x.x.x, AP is not longer visible but I still get error that it exists

whitelist-db rap add mac-address "9c:1c:12:c1:7b:74" ap-group "mygroup" ap-name "AP-5-chicken"

RAP with same MAC address or RAP/Userwith same remote IP already exists

show ap database long | include 9c:1c:12:c1:7b:74

nothing

Even reboot of contorller does not help, version 6.5.4.5

Re: clear gap-db, rap access point housekeeping

Hey, have you confirmed that the MAC isn't in the Internal DB?

#show local-userdb-ap
#show local-userdb

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Frequent Contributor I

show whitelist-db rap mac-address x:x:x:x:x:x  does show it

but GUI

Wireless > AP Installation > Whitelist  does not 

What is interensting i had 2 APs like that and one of them has just showed up as active but it is not in the whitlist GUI and I cant add it there

That's odd, is it a standalone controller?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Frequent Contributor I

master - local  - all commands done on master

Frequent Contributor I

So here is what I found.  In the  GUI remote ap whitelist had next page of APs which I did not see, I found this by using serach field, my bad. But this still does not explain why clear gap-db did not removed it using name or mac address

Guru Elite

mke,

Honestly the GAP db does not have anything to do with the AP or RAP whitelist.  It is only a record that an AP physically associated with the controller.  You can run the clear gap-db command on an AP that is currently up and it will still continue to function and the entry will be put back into the gap-db immediately. 

The purpose of clearing the gap-db is mostly cosmetic so that you do not have to see an AP listed as "Down" that no longer will be on your system.  Clearing the gap-db does not have a functional purpose and it does not disable an access point.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

What is then CLI command to remove RAP AP from the whitelist?

Guru Elite

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6_5_4_X_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/whitelist_db_rap_del.htm

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: