Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

clone ap configuration

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  clone ap configuration

Posted Jun 13, 2013 07:40 AM

Hi

Im trying to clone the configuration from one AP to another. Im running this command

conf t

ap-name AP01

clone AP02

and then i get this message "AP name 'AP02' undefined"

am i missing something to run this command? its between two RAP5 and im running version 6.1.2.4 and even tried on a 6.2.0.2 version

thanks

• 2.  RE: clone ap configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 08:15 AM

The RAP5 should be getting its configuration from the AP-Group, so you should clone the AP-Group, instead and put the new RAP in the new AP-Group.

• 3.  RE: clone ap configuration

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 08:32 AM

(config) #ap-group new-rap-group clone old-ap-group

This will clone all the profiles used in the old-ap-group and use them in your new-rap-group. 

Since they are the same profiles any adjustment in eiother will become active in the other automatically so don't forget to change the profile first if you want to adjust something only for the new-rap-group.

• 4.  RE: clone ap configuration

Posted Jun 14, 2013 05:31 AM

ok thanks for your answers but i forgot to mention that the reason why i will clone the configuration from one RAP5 to another is because that RAP5_01 works with a 3g dongle and i want RAP5_02 to have the same configuration to work with a 3g dongle as well.

So copying the ap-group wont work in this case

• 5.  RE: clone ap configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2013 06:31 AM

The 3g/4g card configuration is not located on the controller.  It is programmed into the flash of individual devices.  If you want to program them into multiple devices, you can use a provisioning profile:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1216