Wireless Access

New Contributor

how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.

I want to generate a report that should show how many laptop users are connected to my oraganisation's WI-FI. I can't do this based on OS or SSID as phones or tabs can also have same OS and SSID can be used in smart phones and tablets as well. 

Guru Elite

Re: how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.

If you are using ArubaOS 6.3 and above, on the Dashboard> Usage screen it should give you an idea of the Operating System of a device.  It cannot tell you whether or not it is a laptop, however.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.

And to continue with cjoseph's post, if you have airwave you will be able to generate a session report which will give you OS or Device Model details but again, it will not tell you it is a laptop but you will be able to see Apple or WIndows 7/8 in those reports.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: