Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 08:56 AM

I have my controller on VLAN 100 ,when I add the access points on the smae vlan it shwoed up on the controller but when I connect access points in another vlan they didn't show up on the controller and note that the vlans are routeable to each other

• 2.  RE: how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2015 08:57 AM
    DNS lookup for aruba-master or DHCP option 43/60

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 09:03 AM

Great thank you so much but only one question what is purpose of DHCP Option 60?

• 4.  RE: how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi,

Option 60 is used by the AP to send it's name as "ArubaAP". we will register this (ArubaAP) in the DHCP pool with option 60 so that, DHCP will share the master IP over option 43.

• 5.  RE: how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2015 09:12 AM
    Option 60 should read ArubaAP. It is required by some radius servers. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 6.  RE: how to get the access points from different VLANs to be on the controller automatically?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 09:06 AM

Hi Friend,

Couple of questions,

1. Are you able to ping the AP from controller ?

2. What is the master discovery method you are using ?

If you are able to ping the AP check for PAPI traffic between the controller and the AP ( show datapath session)

Please feel free to come back on this .