Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ip local config - add a dhcp option

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Jun 02, 2014 09:01 AM

I am starting to use the VIA client for some users.   We will not allow split tunnel access and therefore all internet traffic for these users will have to go through internal our proxy server.   To simplify access for IE users I would like to add the proxy auto config option 252 to the internal DHCP server in my controller.   Is it possible to add option 252?

• 2.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Jun 02, 2014 02:29 PM

no direct experience but in principe it should be possible if you run the high enough ArubaOS, not sure about the version.

look at Network > IP > DHCP > Edit DHCP Pool (clients) and the at options.

• 3.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:45 AM

This is correct for a standard DHCP pool and it looks like it is possible to add any DHCP option.   However VIA seems to only use the IPSEC address pool found under

Advanced Services > VPN Services > IPSEC - Address Pools.

There are no options in the GUI but I was hoping there may be some command line options.   The command 'ip local pool ....' does not seem to have the same options as ip dhcp pool.

• 4.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:50 AM

I should have mentioned

AOS: 6.3.1.6 on a 3200 controller

• 5.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:05 PM

ah sorry, missed that one, no then it doesnt seem possible.

• 6.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Jun 04, 2014 02:45 AM

There is a potentially better solution.   Is it possible to capture any request sent to wpad.mycompany.com and redirect it to a specific web server?   This will be a better solution as it will work with all web browsers.   I can't do this in our dns as we work with one flat domain globally and it can cause some problems.

• 7.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Jul 24, 2014 02:17 PM

I have the exact issue with trying to have my VIA configured with wpad. Not sure why it would be different for this pool then a dhcp server. 

I would even entertain the idea of assigning a vlan when connected that has a full dhcp server running with the wpad dhcp option set.

We can't be the only ones who want users on  the VPN to use the proxy for internet. 

• 8.  RE: ip local config - add a dhcp option

Posted Aug 21, 2014 10:58 AM

put it on the idea portal, with enough votes it might end up getting in there.