Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

license server change

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  license server change

Posted Jun 09, 2016 05:33 PM
    i currently have a cetralized license server. The license server controller is going to be decomisioned. i have another controller that we have transfered the licenses to but i can not change the server address on my controllers. how would i get this changed?

#AirheadsMobile
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: license server change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2016 08:12 PM

Add a backup master to the centralized licensing controller.  It then becomes the backup centralized master.  Remove the master and the backup takes over.  If the master is removed without a backup, after 30 days all the licenses revert to the controllers they were installed on.  If all the licenses were installed in the individual controllers, they will revert to the individual controllers after 30 days of not seeing the license master.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm#Primary

• 3.  RE: license server change

Posted Jun 10, 2016 11:15 AM

Collin,  thanks for the reply.   I was looking at the document and what I am having trouble with is that the site that I have the controller on now is going away (and it is a master local, and all my other sites are master/standby master).    The site I am moving the license server too is at a totaly different site and I do not believe I can add VRRP between them, so not sure how I would get it to move over.