Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

litlle Outdoor project

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  litlle Outdoor project

Posted Dec 03, 2013 10:20 PM

Dear all:

We need to cover a outdoor flat rectangle of 450 x 300 feet and a long corridor mainly used by forklifts (30' wide, 400 feet long) that need to be covered. The scenario is low density. Are the AP-175 the recommended APs ? The customers says there's no problem with the 300' limit (I suppose media converters will be used) so there's no need to mesh.

Any recommendation about AP and antennas ? We plan to configure only 5GHz.to avoid interference from the buildings and to auto-interfere. 4 Omni antennas in a little rectangle in the middle of the field and two others directional in each extreme of the path ?

Kind regards,

Nelson

|          |

|  *    *  |

|  *    *  |

|__________|

||

||

||

||

||

||

• 2.  RE: litlle Outdoor project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 02:42 AM

it would really depend on the clients being used.  Have a good read of the data sheets for them to see what their receive sensitivity is etc.

If it is only small bits of infrequent data, I think you would only need 2 APs in that area.

• 3.  RE: litlle Outdoor project

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:18 AM

Using Symbol (Motorola) 3090 in a dense ocupied warehouse (literally up to the roof) we got poor signal being 15 meters from the nearest AP. 

In this case the place to be cover will be clearer.

Thanks !

• 4.  RE: litlle Outdoor project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:56 AM

It would depend on the orientation of the racking.  Is this a cold storage and the reason why AP175?

You may be better off with directional antennas on the walls and pointing down the aisles.

• 5.  RE: litlle Outdoor project

Posted Dec 04, 2013 07:16 AM

Yes Michael. The one I mentioned started being almost clean and later got really dense, in fact some corridor between racked boxes are just 1 feet wide !

In THIS case the only aisle defined is the 400' long path I thought to cover using directional antennas in each extreme to create an overlapping zone half the way, the rest let's say is a "dynamic zone".

AP 175 mainly cause is natively "outdoor". It could be any other AP weather proof.

• 6.  RE: litlle Outdoor project

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 07:23 AM

Environments like that are really difficult and challenging.

Speak with your Aruba SE about some advice and ask them for the doc 'Antenna Optomisation for Warehouse and Container Environments'.  I'm not sure if I am free to distribute.