Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mesh for 2 buildings low distance

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  mesh for 2 buildings low distance

Posted Dec 15, 2016 03:01 PM

Hello i have got 3 buildings and i would like to connect wirelessly

The building are like really next to each other...

From the principal building to building A i walk like 15 steps and im there

Also from the principal building to building B i walk like 15 steps and im there.

Building A and building B are like 5 steps away from each other

So i was thinking i could put maybe on the roof in princppal building a IAP 277 and in building A one IAP 277 and in building B an IAP 277

Make the IAP 277 in the central building the mesh portal and the IAP 277 building A and building B Meash points.

There is no issue if they are like really close right?

Or any other  advise is welcome.

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: mesh for 2 buildings low distance

Posted Dec 16, 2016 07:10 AM

Hi Carlos,

Isn't it possible to run a cable between buildings A and B? Then just have a single mesh point.

Or, you could just test it out with the config your suggesting and if there is an issue you could use 2.4GHz for one link and 5GHz on the other.

Cheers

James

• 3.  RE: mesh for 2 buildings low distance

Posted Dec 16, 2016 08:11 AM

You know thats true

just running a cable between building A and building B

Between building A to principal buidling is not possible because they need ask permission for that as it cross a road or something like that they told me.

But between building A and buildig B there i no road or anything and they could do that

So it doesnt matter if the 277s are  really near from each other? like  i said i walk like 15 steps and im already there.. it just crossing one road...

• 4.  RE: mesh for 2 buildings low distance

Posted Dec 16, 2016 08:27 AM

You could always turn the radio transmit power down if you're concerned about them being too close.