Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mesh link in IAP-175

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  mesh link in IAP-175

Posted May 16, 2013 03:46 PM
    Hi,

We are trying to form the mesh link between the IAP-175 at a distance of 500 meters.

I know that we don't need to do any configuration doe IAP.
    We have connected ANT-2x2-5614 antenna in both the IAP.
    But mesh link is getting established only up to 150 meters and not more than that. We have a clear line of sight and also configured transmit power to maximum

Can anyone say whether can we establish mesh link between IAP-175 at a distance of 500 meters with antenna mentioned above?

• 2.  RE: mesh link in IAP-175

Posted May 16, 2013 04:04 PM

Have you tried increasing the power levels manually on 802.11a on the AP ? But that change may not get the distance you are trying to achieve considering that it is using 802.11a to do the mesh link.

• 3.  RE: mesh link in IAP-175

Posted May 16, 2013 10:22 PM

Nallan,

Instant currently has a limit of around 400 meters for client access on an SSID as well as for mesh links.

There is an open bug on this we hope to resolve soon.  

• 4.  RE: mesh link in IAP-175

Posted Jun 05, 2013 03:00 AM

Does the height at which the antennas are placed affect the distance between the mesh-point & mesh portal.

i think higher the antenna from the ground, the distance of the link can go a bit longer... please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

• 5.  RE: mesh link in IAP-175

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2013 06:17 AM

yougenpartha,

This is correct, but according to clukas, the bug will still prevent it from working.

• 6.  RE: mesh link in IAP-175

Posted Jun 05, 2013 06:40 AM
    Colin is correct. Antenna height has nothing to do with the software issue.

It is necessary to have the antenna at least 10m above ground for a 500m link.