Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mgt user read-only privileges

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  mgt user read-only privileges

Posted Feb 19, 2017 02:01 PM

Hi,

Can you tell me which commands the read-only mgt user can use please (CLI)? I'm returning '0' from our Radius server which appears to work, but I'm not sure what the user can and can't do.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: mgt user read-only privileges
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2017 03:49 PM

• 3.  RE: mgt user read-only privileges

Posted Feb 20, 2017 04:24 AM

Thanks Colin,

I realised I made a mistake there, I am returning '0' which I think is actually the 'network-operations' role. What do I need to return to use the 'read-only' role?

And is it listed anywhere what the subset of commands the network-operations role can actually use are?

Thanks for your help

• 4.  RE: mgt user read-only privileges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:52 AM

You need to return the radius attribute "Aruba-Admin-Role" with the admin role that you want a user to get:

Aruba-Admin-Role                  4      String       Aruba      14823

• 5.  RE: mgt user read-only privileges

Posted Feb 20, 2017 07:35 AM

So this is where I'm slightly hazy(!):

Isn't Aruba-Admin-Role for web users? What I want is CLI access roles.

We are currently returning numeric values for attribute 'Aruba-Priv-Admin-User', currently we use '1' for root and '0' for (what appears to equate to) 'network-operations'. Is there a list of what those numeric values should be for each user role that is available? Eg what should that number be for a 'read-only' user?

Or am I misunderstanding how this works?

• 6.  RE: mgt user read-only privileges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 09:20 AM

Aruba-Admin-Role is for all users.  It allows you to set the admin role by simply replying with the text name of the role as an attribute.

"Aruba-Priv-Admin-User" is an attribute only so that a user can avoid typing the enable password.  Please see here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Aruba-VSA-Aruba-Priv-Admin-User/m-p/14609

• 7.  RE: mgt user read-only privileges

Posted Feb 20, 2017 01:06 PM

Ah so I did misunderstand this. So I can return a role eg

Aruba-Admin-Role :=  'network-operations'

*and* either:

Aruba-Priv-Admin-User := 0

or

Aruba-Priv-Admin-User := 1

?