06-05-2014 05:44 AM
we currently have a master-local setup with two 3400 controllers. We want to migrate the current master to a 7210. And then later on replace the remaining 3400 also with a 7210.
The current master 'hosts' 67 ap's. And the local now hosts about 5. There are thus two ap groups (same config).
I want to migrate the master as smooth as possible. I noticed in the config you can switch from master to local easily. So perhaps the procedure would be something like :
1. install 7210 as local, make sure all are running same ArubaOS
2. reconfigure for example 8 ap's so they migrate from master to local -> ap's will reboot
3. migrate 8 licenses to 7210
4. make new ap group, same config but points ap's to 7210
5. reconfigure 8 ap's from step 2 they now move to 7210 -> ap's will reboot
7. when all 67 ap's have migrated to 7210, promote 7210 to master
8. degrade 3400 from master to local
Please comment. Perhaps controllers reboot when promoting to master?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-05-2014 05:59 AM
Why don't you introduce the 7210 as a direct replacement to one of the 3400's first? That way there is no promotion/demotion
1. Backup flash on current 3400 master. Copy the flashbackup.tar.gz file onto your computer.
2. Transfer licenses from 3400 to 7200 serial number using licensing.arubanetworks.com
3. Make sure 7210 is running the same version of code as the 3400
3. Copy the flashbackup.tar.gz file in step 1 to the 7210. Restore flash on 7210 (don't reboot!)
4. Paste transferred licenses from 3400 into 7200 (reboot)
5. Console into 7200 and fix interface connections to your infrastructure (trunks and access ports), because they do not match the 3400 and they will be wrong upon reboot.
6. Replace the 3400 with the 7210.
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
06-05-2014 06:42 AM
Here is a really nice manual on how to do it step by step.
Product Manager - Aruba Networks