Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP

Posted Jun 23, 2014 12:45 AM

I'm trying to set up a vpn between IAP 105 and mobility controller 650, requesting TAC support me answers that the controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP, is this true?

• 2.  RE: mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP

Posted Jun 23, 2014 01:14 AM

i have done IAP VPN to a 620 controller with no issue... with a RAP 155 and a RAP 3

There should not be an issue with an instant 105

Fallow my tutorial

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Tutorial-Building-a-VPN-from-a-IAP-Cluster-to-a-Wireless/td-p/122585

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP

Posted Jun 23, 2014 01:16 AM

you can also fallow this tutorial

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/

Click get started and look for the IAP vpn to mobility controller and it willl tell you how to do it

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:49 AM

According to the ArubaOS release-notes, IAP-VPN is mentioned as unsupported on the 600-series for AOS 6.3.1, 6.4.0 and 6.4.1.

The new 7005 controller does support IAP-VPN.

• 5.  RE: mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP

Posted Jun 23, 2014 04:17 PM

thanks hrobers

I read the release notes, and I found that the controller 650 does not support IAP VPN. I have to buy a controller 3200. :smileysad:

• 6.  RE: mobility controller 650 does not support VPN with IAP

Posted Sep 05, 2014 09:07 AM

hi, I have a 650 controller and are terminating. It has limited functionality though. It does only support L3 with NAT from the IAP into the controller. It is not possible to access equipment behind the IAP from the controller side. The other way (from IAP to controller network) is working just fine.