Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

"Failed to generate certificate" error message

Hello all,

After upgrading from 5.0.3.1 to 6.1.3.0, I get the following messages on all of my controllers, constantly:

Mar 7 08:06:59 cpsec[1884]: <335102> <ERRS> |cpsec| handle_gen_cert, Failed to generate certificate, return code -1.
Mar 7 08:06:59 cpsec[1884]: <335102> <ERRS> |cpsec| handle_gen_cert, Failed to generate certificate, return code -1.
Mar 7 08:08:27 cpsec[1884]: <335102> <ERRS> |cpsec| handle_gen_cert, Failed to generate certificate, return code -1.
Mar 7 08:08:27 cpsec[1884]: <335102> <ERRS> |cpsec| handle_gen_cert, Failed to generate certificate, return code -1.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Thanks,

Dave

Aruba Employee

Re: "Failed to generate certificate" error message

Do you have control-plane-security enabled on the controllers? What do you see under "show tpm cert-info" and "show tpm errorlog"?

Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

show control-plane-security is as follows:

Control Plane Security - Disabled

Auto Cert Provisioning - Disabled

Auto Cert Allow All - Enabled

Auto Cert Allowed Addresses - N/A

The output of the other commands:

show tmp cert-info

subject=/C=US/ST=California/L=Sunnyvale/O=Aruba Networks/OU=Engineering/CN=00:0b:86:61:00:75

- I've left out the next few lines because they contain an email address and a serial number

- the Dates listed are within an appropriate range.

show tpm errorlog 

- no error logs

Thanks,

Dave

Aruba Employee

Hello Dave,

I would suggest opening a ticket with our TAC team so that they can have the logs analyzed and open a ticket with Engineering if 

needed to analyze the error message and find the trigger for it being generated.

-Bharatharajan Pudugraam

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: