Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"Zero Touch Provisioning" on a 650 branch controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  "Zero Touch Provisioning" on a 650 branch controller

Posted Feb 04, 2013 12:27 PM

How does the "Zero Touch Provisioning"  work with 650 controllers? I feel like I have had to do a lot of configuring!

Thanks

• 2.  RE: "Zero Touch Provisioning" on a 650 branch controller

Posted Feb 04, 2013 07:55 PM

Zero touch configuration works on Remote APS not on campus APS.

Basically you configure the RAP configuration ont he controller.

Now on the remote site you can even SEND the AP  withotu configuring to the remote site.

On the remote site you just need to connect the AP and if you previusly configured aruba activate  with the correct provisioning rule you have to do NOTHING just connecting it, and he willl look for the aruba activate service download the config of who is the wireless controller, after that the AP will look to the wireless controller and automatically will download the firmware and the config without you touching anything... thats why its called  zero tocuh.

If you using RAP2 APs then well you will need to manually set the wireless controller AP but after you do that he will download his firwmare and the config.

I dont know if you need more info about it?

Aruba activate also works with Instant APS, but then you will need an Airwave so he can send a configuration template config.

• 3.  RE: "Zero Touch Provisioning" on a 650 branch controller

Posted Feb 05, 2013 12:14 PM

I was more interested in the 600 controller itself being zero-touch.  Here is a line from the Aruba product page for the 600 controller 

"Aruba’s centralized zero-touch provisioning and management model enables 600 series Mobility Controllers to be locally deployed, monitored and managed with no IT assistance."

It makes it seem like you can get an Aruba controller up and running right out the box. I have done plenty of config on our m3 controllors, I just was curious what they were talking about with this marketing line.

• 4.  RE: "Zero Touch Provisioning" on a 650 branch controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 09, 2013 12:49 AM
    Check out the remote node stuff in the user guide, this is probably what they are referring too :)