Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

restrict access between ap groups

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  restrict access between ap groups

Posted Oct 30, 2014 05:58 PM

I have about 30 ap gropus.  I have no rules about access between the groups.  I have a situation that I need to make sure that any users in one particular ap group are isolated from the rest of the users in all the other groups. 

I am more interested in where to go to learn how to do this but if it is simple then show me the way.

thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

• 2.  RE: restrict access between ap groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 06:00 PM
    Is each group tied to a different vlan?

• 3.  RE: restrict access between ap groups

Posted Oct 30, 2014 06:01 PM

Same Vlan.

• 4.  RE: restrict access between ap groups

Posted Oct 30, 2014 06:12 PM

This ap group is in a building far enough a way that it is not seen wirelessly by any other buildings.  I configured a seperate SSID and deployed it to the ap group.  I was wondering if there was something in the controller that would be able to keep the activity on the new SSID seperate from the other ap-groups with different SSIDs. 

I hope that was clear.

• 5.  RE: restrict access between ap groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 10:38 PM

When you say "keep it separate" do you mean they would not be able to contact other users?  If you need true separation, you would need a separate VLAN.

• 6.  RE: restrict access between ap groups

Posted Nov 07, 2014 10:13 AM

Thanks for the input.  In the end I followed cjoseph's advice and created a seperate VLAN. It is working as expected.