Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

signal strength

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  signal strength

Posted Oct 12, 2016 11:47 PM

Hi,

A smartphone is hardly getting RSSI -67 dBm while doing a survey .So Its sure that the second strongest signal should be less than -67 ,

So do we need to care  abou this ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: signal strength

Posted Oct 14, 2016 07:39 PM

I think -67 is a fine signal strength - depending on what you're expecting of course ;)

We'd need to know a whole lot more about your environment to be able to give any meaningful advice. How far away from which model AP to start with.

• 3.  RE: signal strength

Posted Oct 15, 2016 05:03 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply ,I want to use cisco phone and some smartphones  for voip with excellent roaming  

Thanks

• 4.  RE: signal strength

Posted Oct 17, 2016 12:54 PM

The signal strength you're seeing is not enough information to tell whether you'll have good VoIP roaming

Your experience will be affected by: how large an area, what kind of environment, how many APs, what other WiFi users at the same time, how much interference - and at least 20 more things I haven't thought of.

In my office environment with no interference to speak of and an AP every 75 feet or less, neg65 would work just fine.