Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

single ssid, two roles

Hi,

Could someone suggest the procedure to configure given requirement.

We would like to give user roles based on the device, we have corporate windows devices which has domain account (computer account), and also devices which are not part of a domain but authenticated to the network by AD username. How can I give different authenticated roles for these two types of devices. We use microsoft NPS for .1x authentication.

Two types of devices, both connect to same SSID

1) devices with AD computer account

2) user own devices which doesn't have AD computer account.

thanks

Guru Elite

Re: single ssid, two roles

nointerference wrote:

Hi,

Could someone suggest the procedure to configure given requirement.

We would like to give user roles based on the device, we have corporate windows devices which has domain account (computer account), and also devices which are not part of a domain but authenticated to the network by AD username. How can I give different authenticated roles for these two types of devices. We use microsoft NPS for .1x authentication.

Two types of devices, both connect to same SSID

1) devices with AD computer account

2) user own devices which doesn't have AD computer account.

thanks

The feature you want to use is "Enforce Machine Authentication".  Please search the knowledgebase here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/KNOWLEDGEBASE/tabid/133/Default.aspx or in the user guide for an explanation on how to use it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: single ssid, two roles

Another option is using ClearPass.  You can also enable an employee self-registration for BYOD device with OnBoard.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: