Wireless Access

Contributor I

slow wireless speeds on ap 105

I have a 650 controller located in my data center, In a branch office we have a ap 105. Between the branch office and the data center we have a 20 mb/s mpls network. When I am connected to the wired network at the branch office I can get the full pipe of bandwidth via speedtest. When I connect to the wireless, I can only get about 2mb/s down and strangley can get anywhere from 2-15mb/s up. I have checked all speeds and duplex settings on the switches. We are not using any qos in our ssid profile, and we are doing tunneling to get the ap to the controller. We are running 6.1.2.6 code. The ap is sitting about 20 feet in the next room from my computer.Full signal and nothing around. Anyone got any suggestions?

Guru Elite

Re: slow wireless speeds on ap 105

How many wlan clients are in your network?  Are they 2.4ghz or 5 ghz?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Right now I am testing with just one client, and I have tried boht 2.4ghz and 5.0 ghz, does not seem to mater which one, I get the same results. Download is slow and upload is what I expect to be normal. Upload is about 3x faster....

Guru Elite

Is the wireless client on the same layer 2 sub net as your wired clients?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Yes ,the ap is on the same vlan as my wired client. Wired client works just fine.

Aruba Employee

Are you dropping broadcast/multicast?

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor I

I am not aware of any dropping of broadcast/multicast.

Aruba Employee

I would drop broadcast/multicast on the wireless (and enable convert arp requests to unicast). Then try your speedtests again.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor I

Still running the same results. Uploads are still 2-3x faster...

Aruba Employee

Check the TX power on the AP. I've seen this before, but I can't remember what caused it.

Also, do a show ap debug radio-stats ap-name someAP radio 0 advanced | include Busy

Run that on radio 1 as well.
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: