Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

trial licenses and upgrades

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  trial licenses and upgrades

Posted Mar 29, 2012 02:30 PM

i keep reading about how you can get trial licenses for features.
    I am just getting my feet wet with aruba and i picked up an older controller from ebay to learn on. how do i get access to these licenses. Are there any upgrades to the os available, its a 2400 series running 3.4.3

thanks

kory

• 2.  RE: trial licenses and upgrades

Posted Mar 29, 2012 02:33 PM

To obtain trial licenses you should work with your local Aruba SE or local Aruba reseller.

Since you purchased the gear on eBAY that may be a little more difficult of course ;)

• 3.  RE: trial licenses and upgrades

Posted Mar 30, 2012 11:47 AM

The 2400 controller is capable of running ArubaOS version 5.x.  It's not capable of running version 6.  

Firmware upgrades are available for download from the Aruba support website.  Without a valid support contract, I'm not sure you'll be able to get access to the site.

As for eval licenses, they are available from the licensing website.  Again, without a support contract, your access to that site may be limited.

Your best bet is to discuss this with your SE.  He or she may be able to get you the info and access you need.

Hope this helps.

- Jay

• 4.  RE: trial licenses and upgrades

Posted May 08, 2014 03:47 PM

Hi,

I need to transfer licenses from one controller 620 to a controller 650. Is this possible?

Best Regards,

• 5.  RE: trial licenses and upgrades

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2014 03:52 PM
    Contact your local Aruba account team to do this.