Wireless Access

New Contributor

users not pulling great speed on AP-225 system

I have just started using Aruba AP-225's and have them paired with Juniper 48port poe+ switches.

Now I have 9 APs deployed with about 500-600 users that are byod, we deployed this system in a Art building that is used as event space. 

I had 400 down/ 40 up from the modem. I had users seeing 0.1 mbps to 20 mbps, I have 7 ssids and each on different Vlans with speeds being limited  (2up/2down for guest, 2up/10 down for employees,  2up/20down for my team, etc) I figured it was due to the users grabbing an AP that was too far from them.

How can I setup the system so that users will not pull a slower/weaker signal and have slow speeds?

I want the best experience for everyone in the events we do, I have attached what the layout is and our AP placement

Guru Elite

Re: users not pulling great speed on AP-225 system

Please see the post here http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Removing-the-Bottleneck-in-Wireless/ba-p/77978

Two comments: you should limit your number of SSIDS to 4 or less. Any more than that hurts performance significantly.
- you should remove your bandwidth contracts so you understand the true performance of your network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions

Is there a guide for for they type of environment that I am trying to create?

My main issue with limiting the SSID count is that multiple clients of ours request specific SSIDs for their events that we host. Also with that request is seperate networks for each so we use Vlans.

Here is an example of what we have done

SSID: Vlan

-----------------

Guest: Vlan 15

Employee: Vlan 3

Press Media: Vlan 12

VIP: Vlan 11

Cafe: Vlan 5

POS: Vlan 13

Audio: Vlan 14

Management: default vlan

Guru Elite

Is there a AAA server for the Employee SSID?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: