Wireless Access

Contributor I

when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

Guru Elite

Re: when testing LDAP it gives " authentication server is out of service " !!

That is usually because the LDAP server is not answering.  It could also because you have incorrect credentials defined in your LDAP server so it is not answering.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

i tried " aaa query server-name admin-DN " 

but it gave me authentication failed , and tried show aaa authentication-server ldap test1 status m it gave me adminbound -> no .

can you clarify the credentials for me !!

Guru Elite

Most ldap servers require you to define a user to "bind" to the LDAP directory.   Have you seen the article here?  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-LDAP-on-the-Aruba-controller/ta-p/184056

In my opinion, LDAP is the least flexibile but most troublesome authentication method.  I would look into doing Radius for your authentication, if possible.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

yes i saw it m but its not clear ! any way thank you for your response .

Guru Elite

There has to be a service account used to authenticate users.  That is the "admin DN" account.  You enter that account's password in the password field when you define the LDAP server.  If you define that correctly, adminbound will become "Yes".

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: