Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

why ip-tel is funcioning with tunnel and not in split-tunnel when ap105 is configured as RAP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  why ip-tel is funcioning with tunnel and not in split-tunnel when ap105 is configured as RAP?

Posted Mar 13, 2013 09:27 AM

I have an alcatel ip-tel which i want to use in 2 different situations: Situation 1 works, situation 2 doesn't work.

Situation 1

--------------

ap105 is configured as RAP  (controller controle plane security disabled)

vap is confiuged as Tunnel  -> vlan 140

ip-tel works normal and is connected

Situation 2

--------------

ap 105 is configured as RAP (controller control plane security disabled)

vap is configured as Split-tunnel -> vlan 140

ip-tel is in role with policy:   any any any permit    (so everything goes through the tunnel)

ip-tel doesn't work and stays in "connecting" status

Can somebody explain me this? for my part of view, everything goes throught the tunnel and there should

be no difference between the 2 situations.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: why ip-tel is funcioning with tunnel and not in split-tunnel when ap105 is configured as RAP?

Posted Mar 13, 2013 12:28 PM

if all the traffic should go to the Controller then use tunnel mode... there is no use of that rap in split tunnel if you doing thtat...

Please put it on tunnel mode and try again.

Split tunneling is not made to do that.

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: why ip-tel is funcioning with tunnel and not in split-tunnel when ap105 is configured as RAP?

Posted Mar 13, 2013 03:28 PM

Hello Carlos,

thanks for your reply!

This was just a test.

I have a custumor whith a lot off locations using RAP.

This custumor has also a lot off caps.

He has a centralised call-server.

The ip-phones connecting to the CAP's are all working fine.

All the ip-phones using the RAP's are not working. (always stay in connecting mode)

-> here all the trafic should be localy bridged.

So, i was thinking that the firewall inside the rap is blocking some traffic.

So i started with configuring the rap in split-tunnel mode and tunnel all the traffic to the controller.

Even then.... the ip-tel doesn't come up....!!!!

I don't know what traffic is blocked inside the rap.

In attachement i will give a snifferfile of the working telephone when the telephone is in tunneled mode.

Is it possible the RAP is blocking NOE protocol?

greets

• 4.  RE: why ip-tel is funcioning with tunnel and not in split-tunnel when ap105 is configured as RAP?

Posted Mar 13, 2013 03:30 PM

The snifferfiel in attachement

• 5.  RE: why ip-tel is funcioning with tunnel and not in split-tunnel when ap105 is configured as RAP?

Posted Mar 13, 2013 03:38 PM

Question

So you got it bridged okay thats fine...

Do you have a private link between both 2 sites?

Is the network where the ip phone belongs onthe remote site can reaach the alcatel pbx???

Did you put on the alcatel ip phone the tftp server  the ip of the pbx all that on the phone? statically? or you are dynamically sending that data? because if you are then you need to set properly the things on the DHCP server?

How is your PBX set up?  is he the DHCP server or what? or you putting statacally all the values on the Ip phones

Need more info :)

I dont think they are blocking anything unless you specify it to do it on the control access.