Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VMC Scalability for IAP-VPN and Multizone

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  VMC Scalability for IAP-VPN and Multizone

Posted Jun 14, 2018 10:06 PM

Hi Airheads,

Does anybody know where i can find sizing recommendation for using VMC as IAP-VPN termination or Multizone termination?

Scott

• 2.  RE: VMC Scalability for IAP-VPN and Multizone

Posted Jun 14, 2018 10:59 PM

EDIT

• 3.  RE: VMC Scalability for IAP-VPN and Multizone

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:44 PM

supported in 8.3

Starting from ArubaOS 8.3.0.0, IAP-VPN is supported on Mobility Controller Virtual Appliance by using default
    self-signed certificate (Aruba PKI). For Instant AP to establish IPsec connection with Mobility Controller Virtual
    Appliance, the controller presents a default self-signed certificate which is uploaded on the Instant AP using
    Activate.

Through Activate, you can push only one default self-signed certificate to Instant AP which can be used to establishIPsec tunnel with Mobility Controller Virtual Appliance.

• 4.  RE: VMC Scalability for IAP-VPN and Multizone

Posted Jun 05, 2019 05:48 AM

Can the certificate be deployed via Airwave in read-write mode with Groups? I deployed automatically 500 IAPs with Airwave group template on a network without connectivity to Activate. The VPN connection is a secondary usage, the control plane does not need it to contact Airwave. So, can I configure that IAP-VPN against a VMC AOS8.5 if I deploye the self-signed cert from Airwave itself?

These are the options available on Airwave for the IAP group configuration:

CA Cert:
    Server Cert:
    Captive Portal Cert:
    Captive Portal Logo: only show less than 16k bytes logo files
    RadSec Server Cert:
    RadSec CA Cert:
    Web Cert:
    Custom SSL Cert:

Thanks

• 5.  RE: VMC Scalability for IAP-VPN and Multizone

Posted Sep 10, 2020 12:22 AM

**BUMP**

never got a reply to this and now i'm finding myself asking the same question!!

Anybody?