Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

Posted Dec 15, 2017 08:08 PM

Looking for some support here after finding no success in my searches. I have a flat network and am unable to stream content from Netflix on iOS to a Chromecast. 

All AirGroup services are enabled, Broadcast Filtering is disabled on the SSID, and I've followed this support document: 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/why-will-chromecast-work-with-everything-but-from-an-IOS-device/td-p/249359/page/2

However, when using that support document I was unable to add (due to syntax) the following lines:

_sub._googlecast._tcp

_ca5e8412._sub._googlecast._tcp

It would be great to get some support on this. Thanks!Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.05.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.05.17 PM.png

• 2.  RE: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2017 01:33 AM

Try disabling bonjour and dlna.

• 3.  RE: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

Posted Dec 31, 2017 06:30 PM
      |   view attached

That seemed to do the trick! Thanks.

See the attached screenshot for anyone looking for more info.

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 3.13.07 PM.png

• 4.  RE: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

Posted Jan 13, 2018 04:23 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

It appears that I'm running into the same issue.  I'll try to explain things in detail so that there is no confusion.

Basic Info:

BasicInfo.PNG

My WLAN Settings:

WLANSettings.PNG

Services:

Services.PNG

Everything appears to be identical to those from sevenseventyeight.  I have read some additonal articles that referred to running a 'show airgroup blocked-services id' command, but when I run it, I get a parse error.

ShowAirgroup.PNG

I also read in a Google help article that talks about disabling Client Isolation (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3213084?hl=en) , but I'm not sure where I do that.

Since this is a very basic home configuration, I have supplied the overall config file.

I hope I have provided enough information.  I look forward to a response.

Chris

Attachment(s)

txt
    ArubaInstantConfig.txt   3 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

• 6.  RE: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

Posted Feb 08, 2019 12:18 AM

Very helpful info, just did what it is mentioned and chromecast was discovered on serveral apps that chromecast can cast, thanks for the help!