Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

poe support switch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  poe support switch

Posted Aug 07, 2012 05:01 PM

pls suggest which poe switch is support stright through cable using cisco 7960 ip phone & hp procurve model details.

• 2.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 11, 2012 04:48 AM

Use IE to look at http://www.hp.com/networking/configurator/.

Click the Product Selectors | Switches, and you can put in the relevant details and have it help select a model or models for you.

• 3.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 12, 2012 03:19 AM

Thank You "Richard"

This site is also useful to me, but i want technical support my problem is crossover cable is support to cisco ip phone 7960g but "Stright Through Cable is not Getting Power"

And my swtich model is : HP ProCurve Switch 2610-24-PWR (J9087A)

#crossovercable

• 4.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 12, 2012 04:04 AM

Unrucky! That is why you should stick to standards-based products!

The Cisco 7960G phone requires pre-standard power (ie not POE/802.3af)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/299554?referring_site=kapi

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00808996f3.shtml

You may be able to get the 2610 to provide "pre-standard" power, but I haven't tried. The ProVision based ProCurve switches have "power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect" that you could try.

• 5.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 12, 2012 04:36 AM

i try this command also power on pre-standard detection but my ip phone is not getting power still same problem.

• 6.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 13, 2012 08:58 AM

Hi

So command "power pre-std-detect" doesn't resolve the issue for you? Do you have this problem with all the switch ports? Are you running current SW for your switch? Are you running current FW on the phones?

I'm not too familiar with these phones, but I'm not familiar with any issues like this between them and the 2610 switch. Have you tried manually setting the port mode to MDI or MDIX?

If you have a current FW / SW versions and you have tried manual setting, contact support.

• 7.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 18, 2012 05:52 AM

hi arimo,

i try MDI and MDIX manually its not get power in straight through cable but crossover cable is working in MDI mode. and i upgrade FW also no responses in my switch. iam no t upgrade FW in Cisco Ip phone 7960g.

i dont know how to upgrade FW in cisco ip phone.

thk you for your replay.

• 8.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 23, 2012 09:33 AM

Hi

A colleague stumbled on the solution:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02596877&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=&prodSeriesId=3751584&prodTypeId=12883

QUESTION: What pre-standard PoE devices are supported?
    ANSWER:
    • Cisco 7902G, 7905G, 7912G, 7940G, 7960G IP Phones
    • Cisco Aironet 350, 1100, 1200, 1230AG Access Points
    • Mitel 5220 (non-dual mode) IP Phone
    NOTE: Cisco pre-802.3af standard phones require the use of a cross-over cable from this switch to their device. These devices are dependent on the polarity of the DC voltage (a violation of the 802.3af standard).

So because of the phone design you have no other option but cross-over cables.

• 9.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Sep 01, 2012 11:09 AM

hi arimo,

if i upgrade my cisco  phone 7960g FW then possibility to rectify the following problem.

• 10.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Sep 04, 2012 05:45 AM

Hi again

Nope, I don't think that's going to help.

I'm not familiar with these phones, but generally power supply wiring is a hardware design. That can't be changed through firmware.

• 11.  RE: poe support switch

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:22 AM

Hi

I have J8164A (2626) deployed and is not powering up my 7912 cisco phones but wokring with latest models. I have found the command

power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect  as a solution. Now i have replaced the switch by J8692A 3500yl and able to configure the above command and phones are taking power. Please anyone help out me on why the same command is not available on 2626. Also let me know which is the latest verison of FW for the 2626 switch.