Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive protal on AP-505 cluster - withouth aruba central

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Captive protal on AP-505 cluster - withouth aruba central

Posted Oct 26, 2020 04:50 AM

Hi,

I came across something when I was trying to configure a guest network with captive portal. Even though everything is configured as it should, something is not working. The clients are being redirected and redirected and redirected and so on without being able to connect on the network.

OBS. We are not using aruba central. Everything is being controlled locally via a virtual controller. First I thought that maybe without aruba central the captive portal would not be supported, but maybe someone here know better and can answer to this question better than I do.

• 2.  RE: Captive protal on AP-505 cluster - withouth aruba central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2020 06:04 AM

yes internal captive portal is supported and you can configure it as described here.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_86_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/captive-portal/conf-int-cp.htm

• 3.  RE: Captive protal on AP-505 cluster - withouth aruba central

Posted Oct 26, 2020 10:43 AM

We have configured it (splash page -> Internal - Acknowledged) but it just keeps redirecting user to wierd urls and never connect.

• 4.  RE: Captive protal on AP-505 cluster - withouth aruba central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2020 05:44 PM

so what are those weird URLs?

also do you have any ACLs configured?

lastly under VLAN tab of the guest WLAN, are you using "Virtual Controller managed" for assigning client IP address? if not try using that.

• 5.  RE: Captive protal on AP-505 cluster - withouth aruba central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:03 AM
    Have you also replaced the default self-signed certificate that shipped with the IAP? This certificate will not work correctly with devices, you should replace the certificate which is to be used for the Captive Portal.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_86_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/iap-mainten/gen-def-certs.htm?Highlight=certificate

------------------------------
    Craig Syme
    ------------------------------