Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 515 Instant IPv6-only broken bandwidth limit on 8.6.0.6_77124

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Aruba 515 Instant IPv6-only broken bandwidth limit on 8.6.0.6_77124

Posted Oct 21, 2020 11:33 AM

Hi all,

IPv6 with Dual-Stack (IPv6 & IPv4-simultaneously) is working perfectly on my Aruba 515 Instant setup running on 8.6.0.6_77124 including the bandwidth limit on both IPv4 as well as IPv6-connections. If I disable DHCPv4 on the gateway, don't touch anything on the virtual controller and reconnect after a while, or using a different device, the Downstream- and Upstream-limits are not applied at all. I can replicate this with a new SSID, new VLAN with NAT64, and without, did not make a difference, only enabling DHCPv4 and waiting or using a different device made it work again.

Unfortunately, my units are not covered by warranty, but I hope someone of you might be able to replicate this.

Edit: I did not analyze package dumps yet and the results are a little inconsistent, maybe happy eyeballs tends to steer to IPv4 despite working IPv6, I am not entirely sure. Do you have any experience with bandwidth limit and IPv6?

Edit2: I upgraded to 8.7.1.0_77203, did not make any difference.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 515 Instant IPv6-only broken bandwidth limit on 8.6.0.6_77124
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 04:00 AM

This may be expected and the result of IPv6 being handled 'transparent' by the AP in the current firmware. IPv4 traffic is processed by the role-based firewall, and that is also where most of the bandwidth limiting and QoS is happening.

You may contact Aruba support to get this confirmed.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 515 Instant IPv6-only broken bandwidth limit on 8.6.0.6_77124

Posted Nov 07, 2020 02:38 AM
    I settled on rate-limiting the VLAN on my Aruba 2530. I hope it will get changed in a future firmware update. The limiting on the switch is far from perfect in terms of packet loss, but it does the job for now.