Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired Profiles

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Wired Profiles

Posted Aug 22, 2013 11:24 AM

Hello, I am fairly new to Aruba, and I am wondering what is the Wired Network Profile used for?

Does my eth0/0 port need to be configured with a wired profile? This is the only port I use, it is defined as a trunk port on the connected dell switch.

I have a data VLAN that the IAP's are IP addressed within and this is defined on the System settings.

I have 2 SSID's each on their own VLAN as well.

I ask because my two IAP's keep appearing as master when I log into the virtual controller, then I get kicked out, once logged back in the other IAP is the master.

Thanks for your help.

• 2.  RE: Wired Profiles

Posted Aug 27, 2013 08:37 AM

Hi JimJones,

The wired port profile is used to configure how the wired port on your IAP behaves. By default it's set as an access port. You can also configure it in trunk mode and set a default VLAN and allowed VLANs which it sounds like you'll need to do.

Can you let me know what VLAN and IP each IAP has been assigned?

Cheers

James

• 3.  RE: Wired Profiles

Posted Aug 27, 2013 10:33 AM

Hi James.

Both IAP's are setup to be managed in VLAN 2, 

IAP1: 172.18.24.220

IAP2: 172.18.24.221

Virtual Controller: 172.18.24.222

Then we have two SSID's one using VLAN 6, the other VLAN 100.

I have set the wired profile to a trunk port, with the native VLAN set as 2, and allowing 'all' VLANs.

I decided to reset one IAP and now it will not join to the Virtual Controller already on the network, so I now have two standalone IAP's, not ideal but it is working. I have a feeling we have a layer 2 issue, because both IAP's are on the same country code and auto join is definetely enabled at the GUI.

• 4.  RE: Wired Profiles

Posted Aug 27, 2013 10:43 AM

I'd setup the wired ap profile like so.

Mode: Trunk
    Allowed VLANs: 6,100

Native VLAN: 2

Disclaimer: Backup your config! Test this on one of your APs to ensure it behaves as desired.

Cheers

James

• 5.  RE: Wired Profiles

Posted May 11, 2021 12:47 PM
    When I logged in this morning, I discovered that one of my coworkers changed the default wired AP profile while trying to set up a new AP group for mesh.  The configuration is not pending. They applied it.  Every AP I have uses the default profile. 

My question is:  Why are my wireless access points still working normally?  

Also, what are the default settings?  I can't find a document that says what they were to start with.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Kevin Cook
    ------------------------------