Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Time-based SSID

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Time-based SSID

Posted Jun 24, 2021 11:14 PM
    Hi all

I would like to seek advice on the effects on time-based SSID. Our AP is cloud-managed and every morning at 8.30am, the guest SSID is enabled as configured based on time-based policy. We have regular weekly meeting through Teams video call and notice that the video would pause and recover shortly. It happens at every weekly meeting and to isolate, I scheduled the time-based policy to start at 8.20am instead. 

True enough, the problem moved with the new time. I did a packet capture over the air to coincide with the time-based policy. I did not find any deauthentication frames or reassociation frames from the clients to indicate the radio bounce. I do note that when the time-based SSID is first online (through beacon), the AP also sends out beacons for all the other SSIDs. Would this explain the video pause as the airtime was used for beacon broadcast? Or could there be other possible explanations?

Thanks for advise.

------------------------------
    Simon Lim

• 2.  RE: Time-based SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2021 04:44 AM
    An AP will be continuously broadcasting beacons for all of its SSIDs, typically 10 times a second per SSID. So that would not be a reason for a drop in a video. There is a configuration change, and there might be a 'reset' of the radios associated with it, but I have not experienced the same. Please contact Aruba Support (TAC) to have this investigated.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.