Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205 home Set up

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  IAP 205 home Set up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2021 09:36 AM
    hello, i have 2 x IAP205's which im looking to install in my house. at moment i working off a BT Home Hub 6.
    what i would like to do is install one upstairs as wifi signal is weak in the room that i work in. my plan was to plug on into the home hub and then connect the other one to it but not sure how about setting this up and if its possible. looking for an idiots guide to set up a set up with Aruba AP's.

------------------------------
    David McEwan

• 2.  RE: IAP 205 home Set up

Posted Jan 21, 2021 03:39 PM
    maku sure both AP getting ip address from your home router, and if both APs are in factory default state, it will automatically create virtual cluster. try to login any AP ip and you will redirect to controller login page.

then you can continue with SSID configuration, SSID VLAN should be network assigned default to connect with same home subnet.

Harendra
    ACDX#1129|ACEP|CWSP|CWNA|CCNA

• 3.  RE: IAP 205 home Set up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2021 03:57 AM
    These short videos may help to get you started. Note that this is an older version of the Web interface, but basics are similar.

Also, when the video was created the default login was admin/admin, in newer versions, the username is still admin, the password is the serial number of your AP.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.