Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-215 firmware issues

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  IAP-215 firmware issues

Posted Mar 13, 2021 09:31 PM
    I seriously don't understand why you have to have a support contract to get firmware updates.  I have 3 of these devices I purchased to match the devices I managed at a former employer.  Just realized that I haven't been getting updates (some certificate error I've read about) and now I'm stuck on 8.5.0.3! 

I tried calling support but they basically told me that they will only deal with companies and my personal email is unusable.  I don't understand keeping security updates walled behind a subscription.  Wouldn't you want your products to be secure?  Does anyone know of any other way to get these updates or to update the certificate and let it go back to auto-updating?

------------------------------
    Jason Burich

• 2.  RE: IAP-215 firmware issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2021 08:38 AM
    You can get the firmware here or put the URL into the IAP for the firmware location.

It is not the latest, but at least the certificate issue is fixed in that one.

Michael Clarke (Aruba)

• 3.  RE: IAP-215 firmware issues

Posted Mar 14, 2021 01:04 PM
    2 reboots later and I'm on a much newer version!  Perfect!    Thank you very much for your help!

Jason Burich