Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 05, 2021 04:47 AM
    Hello,

I want to configure captive portal for guest users. I want to confirm if PEF license required for captive portal authentication?. 

Also is PEF license required for integrating with radius server for employee user authentication?.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Ajin Skariah

• 2.  RE: PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2021 05:16 AM
    It depends on the requirements of your Captive Portal. With a PEFNG, you can do the following:

- Configure the user role for a default user. - Create and configure user roles and policies for guest or registered captive portal users. (See Roles and Policies for more information about configuring policies and user roles.)

- Create a server group.

Captive Portal PEFNG

If you do not have a PEFNG license, then the following Captive Portal configuration can be implemented.

Captive Portal Base Operating System

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 05, 2021 05:41 AM
    Thanks Craig...This is exactly what I was looking for...So in this setup the guest user can be configured in the internal cp-server and once authenticated the guest will have full access to the vlan assigned to the ssid?

Thanks,

Ajin Skariah

• 4.  RE: PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 05, 2021 05:56 AM
    That's correct, this will be either your Default Role or Default Guest Role (Depending if you are doing User or Guest Login) which is defined in the AAA Authentication Captive Portal Profile. From here they will be assigned the VLAN and any ACLs you have configured.

Craig Syme

• 5.  RE: PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 18, 2021 05:19 AM
    Hi Craig,

I tried configuring it as per the guide, but a default user role is not creating after I created a new Captive Portal Authentication profile. What might be the issue?

Thanks,

Ajin Skariah

• 6.  RE: PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 18, 2021 10:03 AM
    It's very uncommon to have controllers without PEF, and not many customers deploy captive portal in that way. I once (long time ago) tried to configure it and it was not trivial as you can't create roles without PEF, but there was a way to do it.

I would reach out to Aruba Support if you have access to them, to get you going.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 7.  RE: PEF needed Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 18, 2021 10:14 AM
    Yes, but I have this customer who have the controller without PEF license. Anyways I have contacted Aruba support for the same.

Thank you.

Ajin Skariah